* 4 tablespoons olive oil
* 2 large eggplants (about 3 pounds total), sliced lengthwise (about 16 slices total)
* kosher salt and black pepper
* 1 1/2 cups marinara sauce
* 2 large eggs
* 1 15-ounce container ricotta
* 2 teaspoons dried oregano
* 2 cups grated mozzarella (8 ounces)
* 1/2 cup grated Parmesan (1 1/2 ounces)
- Heat oven to 450° F.
Divide the oil between 2 rimmed baking sheets.
Dividing evenly, arrange the eggplant slices in a single layer on the baking sheets and turn to coat in the oil; season with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
- Bake the eggplant, rotating the baking sheets halfway through, until soft and beginning to brown, 12 to 15 minutes; let cool.
Reduce heat to 400° F.
- Meanwhile, in the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch or some other 3-quart baking dish, spread ½ cup of the marinara sauce.
In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, ricotta, oregano, 1 cup of the mozzarella, and ¼ teaspoon each salt and pepper.
- Place about 3 tablespoons of the ricotta mixture on one end of a slice of eggplant, roll it up, and transfer it to the prepared baking dish.
Repeat with the remaining eggplant slices and ricotta mixture.
- Top the eggplant rolls with the remaining cup of marinara sauce and the remaining cup of mozzarella.
Sprinkle with the Parmesan.
- Bake until the cheese has melted and the sauce is bubbling, 20 to 25 minutes.
Let cool for 5 minutes before serving.